Monday, September 25, 2006

Garba on Sunday..very nice :)

Hey readers! Welcome. So…you have time to waste yet again?? Haha…
Ok, just kidding. Now, between my last post and this one, the Third World War hasn’t started, the world hasn’t fallen apart, the Sun hasn’t lost all the hydrogen and helium, my dog hasn’t given birth to a litter of pups (how can he? He is a DOG…not a Bitch for Pete’s sake!). In short, nothing major has happened in the world. But I am back, yet again with the few interesting (that’s my way of looking at it because it’s my blog) things that have happened in my life.

Read on and tell me if you liked it or not.

At 8 in the morning, I opened my eyes groggily to my friend pushing me to wake me up. I woke up to find myself in front of the computer (yes, the same one I am working on right now) in the lab. The last time I remembered having seen the huge wall clock in the lab was at 6 a.m. And that meant that I had fallen asleep in the lab itself (with my legs rested up on the table), which was not the best thing to discover, the first in the morning.
Anyway, I could hear my friend yelling something in my ear, of which I could make no sense at first. Then, as the fog around my eyes, ears, head and memory cleared, I figured out that he was asking me if I wanted to go down to his place for a lunch of boneless chicken and rice or not and that two other guys were coming along. I mean, which idiot on this planet would refuse such an offer?! I said I sure did. His reply was something I didn’t like. I never do. He said his car would arrive in 10 minutes and I had to look presentable by then. Now, you tell me, who on this earth likes to be rushed right in the morning? Still, the temptation of the lunch (and breakfast that came along with it) was too strong. So I pulled my frame out of the chair and walked up to the room. Got dressed. Dropped on the bed and dozed off again…just to discover him kicking my bed. Sheesh!

The car came in and off we were. I do not remember anything that happened after five minutes of having boarded the car because I was sound asleep. The drive generally lasts 45 minutes. So I caught a quick nap. But that wasn’t enough to compensate for four nights of NO SLEEP, was what I eventually discovered. We landed up at his place. Met his dad, said hello and went up to the room. There, I promptly ordered an omelette of three eggs and bread and fruit juice. I know it was heavy but then…haven’t you heard that one should have breakfast like a king, lunch like a soldier and dinner like a pauper? But that’s besides the point. The food had been polished off the plate in 5 minutes flat (yeah I can hog when essential) and I dropped on the bed like a log and was as good as someone in coma within 3 to 4 minutes. When I woke up, the other guys were gone. So I went to look for them and found them in the pool. Changed and joined them. Lunch finally happened at 4 in the afternoon. And by 9, we were back. Then I discovered that people were going for Garba.

Now, being in Gujarat, I really didn’t want to miss that. I mean, this is the place where it originated for Heaven’s sake!!! So I changed into a black embroidered kurta, light biscuit trousers (since I am not carrying pajamas here) and a cream crepe bandhani and off we were. The destination was NID (for those who don’t know, it’s National Instt. of Design) and we reached at around 10.30.

People were already dancing and there was a huge crowd. Eye candy was in abundance but I was not really in the mood. Was missing someone. For sometime, I loitered around because I had no clue to how the dance was performed. Then, inevitably, I was dragged into the circle. Some stray girl came up to me and said that I was looking nice and would I like to accompany her. Hmm…good question. Considering I didn’t know how to dance and I didn’t want to make a fool of myself, I said no. She persisted, I resisted and finally she said that if I didn’t know how to dance then she would teach me. Then there was really no escape. So I went. I was a little surprised to find that I was a fast learner at stuff like this (yikes! That’s scary) and caught on. After that I continued dancing. The partners, though, kept changing. Good looking they were. But after all that I have seen and been through in life, one thing I can say for sure is that it’s much better to have one steady partner than several unsteady ones. Be it in life, love, dance or anything else. The one I wished for wasn’t there. There were girls wearing all sorts of things from ghagras to denims! Yikes! Denim for garba? Holy Christ! And the ones who were wearing the ghagras had these round pieces of glass embedded in them which made them look like a walking mirror. More like, dancing ones☺
There was a lot of confusion as well, when people were dancing in a group. Then I went and got myself something to drink. Some of the people around were a little high on alcohol. Then the musicians took a little break so I went and sat with the rest of the gang. People were being asked for dance and so was I (what made you think I wasn’t, anyway?) but the ONE dance partner I actually wanted to dance with wasn’t around and if she is reading this, she will understand. So I called her up. Spoke to her. She called back and we spoke for some more time. The place suddenly seemed better!! So back I went into the dancing ring and tried dancing a little more.

It was a blast. The whole thing ended at around 1.30 a.m. reached the campus at 2.15. all the dancing has caused me to sweat (obviously) so I changed and decided to post yet another blog. Hence, here I am! But right now it’s 4.30 a.m. and I have a headache for some unknown reason. So this post might have become a little long winding and boring half way. Sorry folks☺

I am sleepy and headached. So I shall leave all you readers (who themselves would have had a headache by now, after having read all this) and go get some more sleep! Hehe…

Till next time then, take care.


No comments: