Wednesday, October 11, 2006

You may find this piece absolutely useless :)

For some reason unknown to me, people think I am studious and on the more intelligent and hardworking side of the spectrum. Pray tell me why? They ask me questions about how to prepare for competitive exams and stuff like that for heaven’s sake! I mean, what’s the world coming to?!

Now, I wrote copy for an anti smoking campaign. People who know me may find that extremely hypocritical but honestly…I wrote that with all me heart and my personal choices and views haven’t affected my copy. Mr. Subhash Tendle, who is in charge of the course here gave me a faint, knowing smile. After all, there is no experience like first hand experience, is there? Something like…been there…done that! And my fever mounts. Literally and figuratively (the latter is the result is the result of excessive work pressure and the approaching deadlines). I finished executing a campaign just now. Just a little sad joke: what do you call a person who executes campaigns? EXECUTIONER! Ok…ok…I shall be careful not to crack such sad jokes again. But if this joke has successfully bugged the daylights out of you (which the intention was), I can just say that I am surprised that you are not used to my insane humor yet!

I am planning campaigns on Bulgari, an elite company that makes jewels and watches and a whole lot of stuff like that. Check the site: www.bulgari.com
Oh…and before I forget, sorry for the abstract previous post. A friend of mine written about her experiences with bongs in her blog. Tch…tch…tch. Sounds more like “My Experiments with Truth”. But then again, she is on a slightly higher plane of insanity than me, and can hence be forgiven. Someone tonight wished me goodnight in French. I replied in German, Dutch, Italian and Portugese!

Oh and by the way…I am currently learning two softwares called Adobe Premiere and Fruity Loops. The second one is extremely easy and generates amazing music. Because with that I generated good music and if I can generate music then any organism qualifying to be a homo erectus can! Honestly. Check it out. And Adobe is one hell of a software. In one word…amazing! It’s a video editing software and boy it’s fun!

Now…you must have heard that great minds think alike. True. Very true. But when it happens in case of advertising, sometimes I wish that I was born just a few years earlier! Alas I wasn’t. why? That’s not a question I can answer. One, because I have no explanation and two, even if there is n explanation, I am sure it’s going to be one awfully complicated one. Hence…let’s change the topic yet again.

I can see that I have I have changed the topic four times already! Looks like my writing is just as restless as me! Happens. Variety is the spice of life and the principle applies to writing too! Now, suppose I droned on about the same subject throughout the post, wouldn’t you be bored? See? That’s called logic! Pure logic. I have fallen in love with my anti smoking campaign! And it’s tough to make a finicky guy like me fall in love with something or someone. I have forgotten if I have mentioned this or not but if I haven’t, then here it is. I have uploaded some of my work on a website called www.desicreative.com
Just go to the site and there is a search facility available. There, you just type shom.gupta in the column that says SEARCH FOR AUTHORS. Viola! My work will be there! Tell me if you like the work or not.

I will be off for now because I still have a lot of work to finish and time is running out! Till next time then (which maybe a after a few days)…take care and be good to people and needless to say, post nice comments on my blog!

Adios.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

apprentices venus melamine pointsc tors alternatives sterilizing hosts fieldwork jane seemed
lolikneri havaqatsu