Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Feverish, bugged and still working!

Ok. I guess I owe all the readers an apology for not being able to write for the past few days. Was caught up in work. Actually, I still am! The added reason was that I was down with fever and had to get to the hospital last night. Don’t ask me what happened there because at 103 degrees, I had passed out and have no clue. I was told by people who were there that in that scary state, I was continuously taking somebody’s name. somebody who is very close to me. And not to mention, currently out of touch. My friends apparently, had thought of trying the number but decided against it because it was late at night. Good they didn’t because I am not sure if trying it would have worked anyway! Would probably just have been some added disturbance to the person!

Anyway, now I am back and working. Came back at around 9 in the morning. The doc wanted to keep me longer and the nurses were worth a stay (wink…wink…kidding!) but I had (and still have) loads of work to get done with. Hence I am back. My jury starts day after and my number will be on the 14th. Jesus! The damn daylights are scared out of my system! Though, I guess the visit to the hospitable hospital was, sort of, a good luck because the person who is in charge of our course here went loco over the copy. Coming to think of it, hearing oneself be praised by people of tall stature has a different high in itself! That’s probably true for all people who have ever created anything and considering the fact that every person does create at least SOMETHING in life, everyone loves being praised! I am no exception ☺
However, he asked me to write a copy for another campaign all over again because he expects much more from me. Apparently. Sometimes, I wish I belonged to the segment whose work is approved without any arguments or changes because the hopes from that segment are very low as it is! Yeah I agree, one has to pay a price for giving someone a hope for improvement. While writing the copy though, I was told to follow my natural style of writing, which, I have been told my many people, is sarcastic. Hmm…let’s see. Even the products and services I am working on, has plenty of scope for sarcasm (yippee! I am not a hippie.) and hence, looks like work is going to be fun. I have been advised to REST. Right. The dog of the doc expects me to rest with the jury merely four days away! But then again, I don’t blame him because he just wants me to do well! That makes me think (and it’s very dangerous when I get down to thinking because that makes me sleepless and I come up with the freakiest of lines)…
The medical profession, actually, is a very sadistic profession because it thrives on the sickness of people! I mean, I agree that the doctors and nurses treat the sick and the injured but, if people stop falling sick, what will THESE poor people eat? And patients do an extremely noble thing by falling sick because they someone earn the bread and butter! Startling, isn’t it? I agree!

No I have not gone nuts because of the fever. I remember that I have the jury coming up. Neither is it that I am not taking my work seriously. I pretty much am. And hence all the hard work has started paying off. But thinking and writing as a profession can be quite frustrating. Because one has to keep thinking all the freaking time! Now, I shall get back and hit work because of two reasons. One, I am workaholic and can’t live without work. Two, if I do not go back to work, then I may not be able to do the level of work that I want to and might have to depend on writing blogs to earn my bread and butter for the rest of my life (the omlettes and cheese would be out of question anyway)! And I am pissed with myself because I am sitting here writing this. Now, it was my responsibility to write for my readers. So I have done it. Now I need to go. And yes, if you do not see posts from me, don’t worry…I probably will have too much on my mind for a few days to write anything (death from the recurring fever or an accident can be the only other causes). Once the work is completed, I shall be back. Take care till then. I have decided to put up my work online. Will tell you all when I do. Now, while I am away, be nice and have a good life.

Adios.

No comments: