Thursday, June 05, 2008

One fine day in the winter of ’07…


I opened my eyes. It was 1 O’clock in the table clock. It was pretty late but considering we had gone to sleep at 5 in the morning, it had to be late. “Office!”, I thought but then decided not to go. I knew that once I went, I would be stuck there for quite a while and I had no intentions of staying away from you for so long.

I turned and looked at you. You were sleeping like a baby. I kissed you on the forehead and adjusted the sheet on you. You, in turn wrapped your arm around me, still asleep. I looked at you for a while and then slid my arm under your head so that it was resting on my shoulder and I lay down again. I lay like that for quite a while; holding you in my arms. I didn’t want to budge because I knew that being a light sleeper, it might have disturbed your sleep. But finally I had to get up to make some lunch for us because I knew you would be famished the moment you woke up. So I carefully picked your head up and put it on the pillow. You opened your eyes for a brief moment, smiled at me, muttered good morning and curled up and went back to sleep. I thought you were absolutely adorable. I mean…you were hot and sexy and all that but above all, you were adorable!

I went to the kitchen to figure out what to make for you. I set the rice and dal for khichadi in the pressure cooker and then set down to shell green peas for the omelette. Suddenly, you crept into the kitchen as noiselessly as you could and hugged me from behind. Though I had heard you come in, I pretended to be surprised because I loved to see that joy on your face, of having surprised me and having played a prank successfully. You asked me what I was doing and I told you. You pondered over it for a while, asking me if you could help. I asked you go and watch some TV because I wanted to pamper you. You were my little princess, after all! But adamant that you have always been, you refused. Instead, you sat on the kitchen counter and started popping the green peas into your mouth one by one. I told you what they were for so you dropped a few into my mouth as well and said we could peel more if we needed. I remember you were grinning. I loved that mischief in your eyes. Then, as if to prove a point, you started shelling the remaining green peas but gave up after a few. Patience was never your forte dear…

Then you went out of the kitchen and took me along, giving me the logic that for you, spending time with me was important. Not food. I followed you out. Seldom had a disagreed with you. Lunch finally happened a couple of hours later.

Then, in the evening you wanted to have your favourite orange stick so we walked down the road to the ice cream vendor and I remember the joy on your face. Then we took a stroll in the park in the compound and you held me tight when you saw a stray dog run towards you.

We came back home and suddenly, at midnight, I remembered that I needed to pick up groceries so I told you that I would just be back but you were insistent that you wanted to come along. We went to the nearest 24/7 and you hugged me and kissed me at the far end of the store. Then you started grinning again, like you had just achieved something huge. I fell in love with you yet again. We shopped and came back home. Then we had dinner and by then you were exhausted. So I patted you to sleep. I remember I even tried singing a lullaby. But what can I say, I suck at singing! So you tried singing yourself to sleep and you made sure that you sang with a nasal voice. I remember the song too. It was “bugging you”.

All your sleep had suddenly vanished. We talked into wee hours of the night and finally held each other and slept.

Such was that one fine day in the winter of ’07. Today, however, things are different and you want to have nothing to do with me. You have probably moved to newer goals in life and you have more important tasks to accomplish. But I always wanted to be there by your side…in joy and sorrow alike. You’re gone princess, but the memories linger on…fresh as ever. I still love you just as much as I did then. I will always love you.

There are so many things that I think I will never be able to tell you now. But I hope the best happens to you my love. God bless you darling. So long…

6 comments:

VJ.. :) said...

This sounds a lil filmy.. But that's my opinion..

Shom's portfolio said...

hehe...well...life's turning out to be one long film...damn! no snazzy editing!
but yes...i like films with happy endings..
what do you say?

VJ.. :) said...

Absolutely! I love films with happy endings too.. Like Om shanti Om says.. 'Picture abhi baaki hai dost'!! :)

Shom's portfolio said...

hope so...honestly...
and ironically Om Shanti Om brings back memories...

oakleyses said...

jordan shoes, christian louboutin, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, burberry handbags, tiffany and co, polo outlet, nike free, nike air max, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, gucci handbags, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, tory burch outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

sac vanessa bruno, new balance, vans pas cher, ray ban uk, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, replica handbags, polo lacoste, oakley pas cher, coach purses, hollister uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, nike free uk, north face uk, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren, hollister pas cher, nike air max uk, michael kors pas cher, nike air max, true religion jeans, timberland pas cher, nike air max uk, coach outlet, air max, michael kors, jordan pas cher, sac hermes, north face, lululemon canada, coach outlet store online, nike roshe, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air force, mulberry uk, hogan outlet, ralph lauren uk, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, converse pas cher, burberry pas cher, nike roshe run uk, true religion outlet, kate spade, nike free run, nike tn, ray ban pas cher, guess pas cher